It’s so funny to think about how I viewed 30-year-olds at 21 years old.
Wow, your past your prime. I’m living my best life now
Little did I know what God had in store for me.
Since then I’ve found my prince charming who loves me despite my crazy, I have 2 beautiful little boys who will take after their amazing father, I got into and through a competitive PA Program, I have a career I love, I’m confident in the skin I’m in, I don’t take no for an answer and I’m this close to learning how to perfect my brows. And I’m just getting started. Life isn’t just Hella Good; I’m convinced life begins at 30.
Life Begins at 30!
Every trial and tribulation was meant for my good. All of the blood, sweat, and tears brought me to this point. Thank you for joining me on this beautiful journey. Now let’s get to the fun part:
30 Fun Facts About Me
1. I had my nose pierced twice
2.One of my favorite pass times is grocery shopping (This doesn’t translate to cooking) and my favorite grocery store hands down is Trader Joe’s .
3. I sold candy in high school to pay for my Senior Prom, that includes my dates’ ticket
4. I have a bachelor’s degree in nutrition but I hate to admit it because I still like to eat bad
5. I hate talking on the phone; like seriously, please just text me
6. I don’t do haunted houses, scary movies, amusement park rides, or tickling. I hate them all
7. I could eat cereal all day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it
8. I went on my 1st date with my husband because I was hungry
9. I was raised Catholic
10. I’m the oldest of 5 (4 girls 1 boy)
11. I love when it’s stormy and gray outside.
12. I enjoy thrifting and consignment shops
13. I went into PA school wanting to do OB/Gyn, but THEN I wanted to do Orthopedics after graduating but THEN I became interested in Urgent Care and Derm… good thing I’m able to switch specialties.
14. Twerking to Cardi B’s Bodak Yellow got me through my contractions last delivery, before the epidural
15. I LOVE I&Ds. That’s when you come in with an abscess and I get to bust it wide open. Like Dr. Pimplepopper
16. I’ve been a background dancer for Nigerian artists like Timaya, Bracket and the like
17. I pledged THE Zealous Zeta Sigma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc in Spring of 08. OO-OOP!
18. I’ve lived in Garland (Dallas), then Houston, Las Vegas, Tulsa, back to Houston, now San Antonio.
19. My Nigerian culture is very important to me. I hope to pass that on to my children
20. This isn’t my 1st rodeo. I originally started blogging in 2011 when I started PA school. Then I started another one in 2013 while planning my wedding. And now ,I finally feel like I know what I’m doing so I promise to stick around a bit
21. In college, my best friends and I were known as the stiletto clique because we occasionally wore heels to class. This is why I’m obviously on #Teamtewmuch
22. I’ve been practicing yoga since high school
23. I am super excited to get braces…. if your one of the few ppl that knew I had Invisalign just hold your judgment
24. When I laugh really hard, my nose turns into an arrow pointing at my big smile.
25. I only drink coffee for the flavored creamer
26. In case you were wondering, I can’t stand our current president.
27. Tres Leches (without whipped cream) is my favorite cake
28. Sushi (raw or cooked) is my favorite food. It was my comfort food during PA school. I would even go to an all you can eat sushi buffet on my own and just eat and study
29. Despite how cool and glamorous I would love to be … I’m Awkward AF
30. I know I seeming athletic but I can’t catch, kick or throw a ball to save my life.
If you made it through all 30 Facts CONGRATS! Let me know your a real one and comment a fun fact about yourself!
Girl this post brought me such JOY!!!! Thank you!
Happy birthday, hun! Really proud of you.
I was on The Voice Australia and played with Jessie J’s weave 💁🏾😂
Wow really? That’s something I’d always remember. Hopefully it was nice and soft
This post was so refreshing 😂😂!!! You make yourself so relatable! A great reminder not to take life so seriously!! Great read!! Oh and Happy Birthday Amy!!
Thanks boo! *air hugs*
I laughed at many of these cause I can relate. Let’s go get our noses pierced for a third time!! I really miss my nose ring! Happy Birthday again babes. Xoxo
I’m down!!! & thanks Babe!
Happy Birthday! I turned 30 this year and I’m right there with you on over half of that list! Being 30 is pretty awesome!
Fun fact: I taught mommy-and-me gymnastics classes for seven years before I had a family. That’s how I caught baby fever 🙂
Most of your points had me smiling so wide. I used to wear heels too back in college. I thought about starting over again with my blog but im thinking on sticking longer with the current one I have too. I don’t do scarry movies either.