A week full of nothing but wedding errands almost made me go crazy! After Day 1, my groom jumped ship and I chose to drag my sister/MOH along with me for a few days. The most thanks goes to my wedding planner for setting up these meetings and tirelessly running up and down Houston with us for them. A sign of a great planner is her making you feel like the most important bride in the world. I love her for it!
SN: If anyone is looking for a part time job as a personal assistant to THE best wedding coordinator in Houston, let me know.
I got to attend the Munaluchi Tour that was hosted by my planner at the beautiful Chateau Cocomar. The event was a beautiful success with various vendors showcasing their expertise.
Also, I’m beginning to love raffles. I won, whoop! Thanks D’Concierge!
Back in July 2013 I was able to attend the Bridal Extravaganza with my planner and a few of my lovely bridesmaids. I think it has to be the largest bridal expo held in Houston, and it happens twice a year! At my first expo I was so excited to dress in my white jumper and be the cute bride in heels as my girls strutted in with me. We were there for 3 hours and only got through half the vendors but I still won some great stuff from wedding bands to dance lessons.
Now that I’ve been planning for a few months I am more aware of what we do and do not need. This time I laced up my sneakers to attend the Bridal Extravaganza again in January 2014. We went strictly with the purpose of taking advantage of discounts and prizes. My planner and I had too much fun, especially sampling the Bavarian cheesecake a few times 😋
My Tips For the Bridal Extravaganza:
- There are a variety of vendors at the expo from venues to decor to pole dancing classes 😏
- A majority of the vendors’ promotional prices only lasts a few days to a month after the expo
- It takes a LONG time to get through every vendor. Dress comfy if you’re about that life. Lol! Go early and bring your crew in coordinating outfits if you like! This is the perfect time to wear a cute “Bride” shirt.
- After meeting a vendor at the expo, take the time to meet with them and look at reviews before you book them. Don’t let them lock you into anything upfront at the expo.
- Buy an extra sheet of name labels so you don’t have to write it out at each booth.