We Took Over The Doseum !
We are settling into San Antonio life and starting to explore some kid-friendly spots in our new city. Since we have 2 kids under 2, we are gearing up for several years of toddler exploration all over town. This month we took a trip to The Doseum , an interactive children’s museum, designed to bring family fun from birth to 10 years old.
The Doseum For Toddlers
The Doseum has been a great spot for our toddler to burn lots of energy.From the moment he runs through the doors he is greeted by interactive exhibits with bold sounds and colors. We got to check out the Big Outdoors, Innovation station, Run Jump Fly, and his all-time favorite: Little Town!
Little Town is perfect for those 5 and under. This toddler-safe space is gated and monitored, perfect for little ones to roam free and role play. The exhibit is in high demand, so there may be a bit of a wait to get in on busy days. It’s filled with kid-sized planes, trains, cars and even a taco truck. Your toddler will light up as they discover their own H-E-B grocery store inside; where your little ones can shop or get their first job as a cashier.
Our babies under 1-year-old aren’t left out of this exhibit, as they command the center with the Little Crawler Park. This fun area comes with padded floors, cause and effect activities, and pull up structures to encourage standing.
- The Doseum has free parking in both its North & South lots
- The Cafe has a great variety of snacks and sandwiches to choose from. You can also bring a packed lunch and enjoy your meal inside or outside
- There is a shallow lagoon that kids who love to jump in, at the start of the Big Outdoors exhibit, right next to the cafe. I recommend bringing a change of clothes and a towel just in case they decide to take a dip
- The Doseum offers sensory-friendly hours for children who have sensory processing disorders or are on the Autism Spectrum (ASD)
- Go to the Doseum for free on H-E-B Family Night ever 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 5:30pm-7:30pm
The Doseum has created an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all children and we are so excited to explore new exhibits as our children grow!
Take a look at the video below to find out what they are missing that makes me give them an A-.
Learn more first time tips for your Doseum trip here.
Related Posts You May Love: Traveling With Toddlers